We are pleased to welcome all new EuroPython Society (EPS) members and would like to officially invite you to attend this year’s EPS General Assembly (GA), which we will run as in-person meeting at the upcoming EuroPython Conference 2015 in Bilbao, Spain.
Place of the General Assembly meeting:
We will meet on Wednesday, July 22 2015, at 15:15 CEST in room Barria1 of the EuroPython 2015 conference venue Euskalduna Conference Center (ECC) in Bilbao, Spain.
There will be a talk to presenting the EuroPython Workgroup concept in preparation for EuroPython 2016 at 14:30 CEST in the same room, right before the General Assembly. You may want to attend that talk as well.
General Assembly Agenda
The agenda contents for the assembly is defined by the EPS bylaws. We are planning to use the following structure:
- Opening of the meeting
- Selection of meeting chair, secretary and 2 checkers of the minutes
- Motion establishing the timeliness of the call to the meeting
- Presentation of the annual report and annual accounts by the board
- Presentation of the report of the auditor
- Discharge from liability for the board
- Presentation of a budget by the outgoing board.
- Acceptance of budget and decision on membership fees for the upcoming year
- Determination of the size of the board for the period until the next annual meeting of the General Assembly
- Election of members of the board
- Election of chair of the board
- Election of one auditor and one replacement. The auditor does not have to be certified in any way and is normally selected among the members of the society.
- The optional election of a nomination committee for the next annual meeting of the General Assembly
- Propositions from the board
- Motions from the members
- General discussion
- Closing of the meeting
Election of the members of the board
The EPS bylaws limit the number of board members to one chair and 2 - 6 directors.
All members of the EPS are free to nominate or self nominate board members. Please write to email@example.com
no later than Saturday, July 18 2015, if you want to run for board. We
will then include you in the list we’ll have in the final nomination announcement
before the GA.
The following directors from the current board are running again for board for the next term (in alphabetical order):
- Marc-André Lemburg
- Anthon van der Neut
- Fabio Pliger
We will post more detailed information about the above candidates and any new nominations in a separate blog post.
Propositions from the board
The board would like to amend the EPS bylaws with the following changes:
- Replace all uses of “chairman” with “chair” to make the bylaws more modern.
- Remove the General Assembly agenda requirement in section 8 to “Determination of the size of the board for the period until the next annual meeting of the General Assembly”, since such a change can be implemented using a bylaws change, if necessary, and there currently is no actual need, since the bylaws already say “one chair + 2-6 board members”, which already gives us enough flexibility.
The bylaws allow for additional propositions to be announced up until 5 days before the GA, so the above list is not necessarily the final list.
Motions from the members
EPS members are entitled to suggest motions to be voted on at the GA. The bylaws require any such motions to be announced at least 5 days before the GA. If you would like to propose a motion, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Saturday, July 18 2015.