We are happy to announce that we have started the RFP for venues to host the EuroPython 2020 conference.
We have sent out the details to more than 40 venues.
Like last year, we also want to give the chance to other venues who were not on our list to participate in the RFP. For this purpose, we are making the details available in this blog post as well.
The EuroPython Society is the organization behind the EuroPython conference, the largest Python programming language conference in Europe, with more than 1100 professionals from IT, science and educational fields attending to learn about new developments, network and learn from experience of others in the field.
Python is a very popular open source programming language, with a large following in the web development and data science fields.
EuroPython was initiated in 2002, with the first conference in Charleroi, Belgium, and has since toured Europe for a total of 18 editions so far. For EuroPython 2020 we are looking for a new location and venue and are reaching out to potential venues.
If you’d like to participate in this process, please have a look at the RFP spreadsheet in form of an Excel spreadsheet with a quote section and list of questions, as well as our EuroPython 2019 sponsor brochure with more details about the conference, the demographics and our offerings for sponsors, to give you an idea of what we are looking for.
Please see the first tab in the spreadsheet for a description of the submission process. If you have questions, please write to email@example.com.
We have answered the questions received by a number of vendors in the first round and put the answers into a new first round answers spreadsheet.
You can also check these other resources:
- EuroPython 2019 website: https://ep2019.europython.eu/en/
- EuroPython videos: http://europython.tv/
- EuroPython pictures: https://www.flickr.com/groups/europython2019/
- EuroPython blog: http://blog.europython.eu/
- EuroPython Twitter channel: https://twitter.com/europython
- EuroPython Society: http://www.europython-society.org/
This is the timeline for the RFP:
- Start of RFP process: 2019-09-09
- Deadline for RFP vendor questions: 2019-09-16
- Vendor questions answered by: 2019-09-20
- First round submission deadline: 2019-09-27
- Second round candidates will be informed until: 2019-10-07
- Second round RFP questions posted: 2019-10-13
- Deadline for RFP vendor questions: 2019-10-16
- Vendor questions answered by: 2019-10-20
- Final submission deadline: 2019-10-25
- Final candidate will be informed until: 2019-10-30
EuroPython 2019 sponsor brochure
- First round RFP spreadsheet
- First round vendor questions and answers spreadsheet
- RFP submission form for uploading the filled in spreadsheet and any additional documents, you may want to provide
EuroPython Society Board