We would like to officially invite all EuroPython Society (EPS) members to attend this year’s EPS General Assembly (GA), which we will run as in-person meeting at the upcoming EuroPython 2017 Conference 2017, held in Rimini, Italy from July 9 - 16.
Place of the General Assembly meeting:
There will be a talk to invite volunteers to participate in organizing EuroPython 2018
in preparation for next year’s event at 14:00 CEST in the same room,
right before the General Assembly. You may want to attend that talk as
well. In this talk, we will present the EuroPython Workgroup Concept, we have been using successfully for three years now.
General Assembly Agenda
The agenda contents for the assembly is defined by the EPS bylaws. We are planning to use the following structure:
- Opening of the meeting
- Selection of meeting chair, secretary and 2 checkers of the minutes
- Motion establishing the timeliness of the call to the meeting
- Presentation of the annual report and annual accounts by the board
- Presentation of the report of the auditor
- Discharge from liability for the board
- Presentation of a budget by the outgoing board.
- Acceptance of budget and decision on membership fees for the upcoming year
- Election of members of the board
- Election of chair of the board
- Election of one auditor and one replacement. The auditor does not have to be certified in any way and is normally selected among the members of the society.
- The optional election of a nomination committee for the next annual meeting of the General Assembly
- Propositions from the board, if any
- Motions from the members, if any
- Closing of the meeting
Election of the members of the board
The EPS bylaws
limit the number of board members to one chair and 2 - 8 directors, at
most 9 directors in total. Experience has shown that the board members are the
most active organizers of the EuroPython conference, so we try to get as
many board members as possible to spread the work load.
All members of the EPS are free to nominate or self nominate board members. Please write to email@example.com
no later than Friday, July 7 2017, if you want to run for board. We
will then include you in the list we’ll have in the final nomination announcement
before the GA, which is scheduled for July 7.
The following people from the current board have shown interest in running for board in the next term as well (in alphabetical order):
- Christian Barra
- Darya Chyzhyk
- Alexander Hendorf
- Marc-André Lemburg
We will post more detailed information about the above candidates and any new nominations we receive in a separate blog post.
Propositions from the board
None at the moment.
The bylaws allow for additional propositions to be announced up until 5 days before the GA, so the above list is not necessarily the final list.
Motions from the members
None at the moment.
EPS members are entitled to suggest motions to be voted on at the GA. The bylaws require any such motions to be announced at least 5 days before the GA. If you would like to propose a motion, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, July 7 2017.